Tuesday, July 23, 2013

A Good Report

This post is inspired by my big sister Bernie, she stayed up with me the night before leaving when I was feeling afraid, thank you B, I love you.

When the children of Israel where in the wilderness of Paran waiting for the next plan of action The Lord said to Moses "Send out men to explore the land, GO, see what the land is like, are the people there weak or strong? are they few or many? is the land good or bad? do thier towns have walls, or are they unprotected like open camps (mercy!)." When they returned they brought back a heavy cluster of fruit, so heavy that it took two men to carry it. (AWESOME GOD). But as they began to share with the rest of the Israelite community about what they had seen, the peoples hearts grew faint for although they had spoken much about the greatness and fullness of the land they also spoke much negativity about the peoples ability to attain it. They spoke so much negativity that Caleb tried to quiet the people with words of encouragement and exhortation, but it was too late. The words had sown much fear in the hearts of the people. For they said "We can't go up against them! They are stronger than we are!" So they spread this bad report about the land and the whole community began weeping and crying aloud all through the night.

This story breaks my heart. God had given the people the land. There was much fruit to be gained, there was plenty of territory to conquer, but because of the dibah ( bad report, defmation, evil words), because of the giants in the land, because it didn't seem possible to them, or realistic to them, they lifted thier voices, wept all night and would not go forward with what God had instructed them to do.

I've seen the same discouragement, defiance and disbelief at work in my own life, because of the varying reports and evil sayings people have shared with me or that I have shared with myself. Feeling like I could never be good enough for anything or anyone, because of my own fears, inabilities and shortcomings. It seemed impossible and unrealistic at times to be who He wanted me to be,to grow up as a mature woman in Christ. But thats when I realized that there is a BIG difference between being given something.....and taking possession of it. It all boils down to faith. I must believe it not because I feel it but because it is. We must begin to say we are  healed, we are restored, we are forgiven, we are not alone, and we will conquer the land that has been given to us. Whether in our personal lives with sin, or in the ministry God has called us to (It is not a matter or more prayer but more faith).

No matter what I may experience over on the other side of the world I have determined to bring back a good report. That there are many girls to be rescued from sex slavery, much land to conquer and build on, great clusters of fruit to harvest (too great for any one person to manage) and that our God is ABLE. It is becausee God has said "GO!" that no matter how big and scary the giants may be He has already given the Stoplight Project and its supporters the land, it is now about taking posession.

Be very strong and very courageous, have I not commanded you.

Will touch base in a few days when I arrive in Thailand.
I love you all very much.

Shanti

4 comments:

  1. I heard a story this week, about a boy who was walking down the beach littered with beached starfish, tossing them into the ocean one by one. Along came a naysayer with a bad report, trying to convince him that his efforts were useless and that there was no way he could save them all. The boy responded, as he held one up "It makes a difference to this one" as he threw it in. Focus not on the multitude of girls to be rescued from sex slavery, but on the one, and the next one, and the next one that you can touch, and rescue, and save. It will make a huge difference to each one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad God is continuing to speak to you my love! I miss you so much! Looking forward to reading more of your posts. Be safe :o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! What a powerful message. May God give you possession of the land! Raise the flag of Prince Emmanuel!! Salt and light...you are salt and light!

    ReplyDelete